Trying to accessorize your apartment with the perfect pieces of art can be a very daunting task, especially if you don't have the eye for it or don't know where to begin. Continue reading for the perfect guide for choosing art prints for your space!
- Style and Theme: Consider the overall style and theme of your space. Whether you prefer contemporary, abstract, classic, or something else, the art print should complement the existing decor and ambiance of the room.
- Color Palette: Pay attention to the colors used in the art print. Harmonize the colors with the existing color scheme of the room. Consider whether you want the print to be a focal point or blend in subtly with the surroundings.
- Using a tool like coolors.co can help you generate color palettes of any project that you may undertake!
- Do you want neutral colors? Neutral with a pop of color?
- Are you a maximalista who loves to mix bold colors?
3. Size Matters: Choose a print size that suits the wall space where you plan to display it. A large print can make a bold statement, while smaller ones can be grouped together for an appealing gallery effect.
- Don't be afraid to mix small and large. All prints don't have to be same size.
- You don't need to buy an entire art collection all at once. Start with one or two pieces that you love and gradually expand your collection over time.
- Watch out for sales, discounts, and promotions from art sellers or galleries. Sign up for newsletters or follow them on social media to stay informed about special offers.
- Emerging artists often offer their prints at more accessible price points. Keep an eye on local art markets, online platforms, and galleries that showcase the work of up-and-coming talents.
- Consider the frame cost if you are purchasing prints that are unframed.
- Pro-Tip: You can always thrift frames if you are looking to budget, or buy budget friendly frames from Amazon, such as these white frames below:
6. Versatility: Choose art prints that can work well in different settings. This way, if you decide to redecorate or move, you can easily incorporate the prints into your new space.
- Unframed Prints: Unframed prints can be more versatile since you can select a frame that suits your changing decor and style preferences.
Remember, choosing art prints is a personal experience, and there are no right or wrong choices. Trust your instincts, go with what you love, and enjoy the process of curating your own unique art collection.